The Sanctuary


In 2007 a small group of interested people decided to set up a
home circle dedicated to learning and understanding more about Physical
Mediumship.
This circle was named the Bristol Spirit Lodge - as Chris, whose home
hosted the circle and who created the idea, lived in Bristol at the time.
The BSL grew and evolved over time with many sitters and mediums coming
and going. I myself developed my own abilities as a Trance and Transfiguration
medium but the hoped for physical phenomena didn't appear to be on the agenda.
Much of the early development records as experienced by myself are
recorded in this blog up to the point where I really felt I was unable to add
anything new to the record.

In May 2013, some 5 yrs down the line, the BSL has relocated to Clevedon
and gone from strength to strength. Numerous new home circles have spun off and
have set up on their own and links to many others have been created
6 months ago, a young lady, wife and Mum contacted Chris to enquire
about physical mediumship. One thing led to another and she has now been sitting
in her own circle within the BSL for development with some amazing results. The
speed and level of her development has been stunning.

A few months ago, her spirit team who have been communicating through
direct voice whilst Emily has been in deep trance, told us that they wished to
form a small closed circle to sit weekly with a handful of dedicated sitters in
support to start what they called the “serious work”.

Last week was the inaugural sitting of the closed circle and what
follows below will be my own subjective account of my personal experiences
during this and subsequent sittings.
Chris will continue to update her own account of course on the BSL
on-line diary. My own diary in no way replaced these, this is just my own
personal record for my own interest and for anyone else who wants to follow.




To read the full diary and objective accounts of the other circles that meet in the Sanctuary, visit the main site at: http://www.spirit-lodge-diary.blogspot.com/




Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tuesday 30th October

This weeks circle was dedicated to development of the sitters. As I ended up taking an active part in the evening I won’t describe what took place myself, but I want instead record my thoughts and some opinions on mediumship and also.
We should be back to business as usual next week

It was my first time back having missed the last three weeks due to work and holidays and it was great to be back in the familiar surroundings of the Lodge and to see friends again.
Over the past few weeks I had decided that I was no longer really interested in ‘being’ a medium and that to a large extent I felt happy to leave Spirit to the spirit world – We’ll all be there soon enough anyway and the general quality of communication through most of today’s ‘mediums’ is of such a variable standard that I felt that if I was going to do this work I would either do it with clarity and accuracy or not at all.

There are far too many people out there today who claim to be having guidance from spirit and to have the authority to offer that guidance to others. Yet when you look carefully, the vast majority of what is offered as advice and messages from loved ones and from guides, is one the whole predictable and banal. At worst it is self serving and self aggrandising ego flattery.
How many times have I heard mediums telling the attentive listener that Grandma or Mum wants to wrap you in love, or in ‘the colour pink’ or that she’s ‘giving you flowers’ etc etc.
It’s hardly surprising that the sceptics have such a strong platform on which to stand.

It’s easy to be sucked into this kind of comforting advice and believe that you have to act on the advice from Granny. Or that the search for enlightenment is more important than the living of your physical life.
Always remember that you are here in the physical form to live a physical life. Not to be lost purely in the search for the non physical.

Having said all that, I was somewhat surprised as I left work on Tuesday evening to find that I was aware of the presence of a spirit energy with me as I was driving down towards Bristol.
Still, regardless of my intentions not to be a medium for the benefit of others, I was happy enough to feel their presence even if I had no desire to pass on any ‘messages’.

When I finally arrived at the circle I was not totally shocked to hear that Brian (the physical medium) wasn’t able to make it and so with our reduced numbers we were going to have a Trance night. Just Paul, Chris and myself.

As we sat chatting in the house before going on into the lodge, time was passing and we’d not noticed that 8pm had arrived. Oddly enough, at 8pm on the dot, Chris’ phone rang just once. Probably just a wrong number but it caused us to notice that we were about to miss our ‘agreed’ start time with Spirit and we made it into the shed right on time.

Once in, we looked to Chris to see what FC had given to her as instructions for the night. Nothing! Zip!
OK, so it was up to us. I suggested to Paul that he take the cabinet (I was still of the mind that I had no desire to do anymore mediumship work) and I decided to take the north corner to see if I could experience the increased levels of energy that the others had reported feeling there as I’d never sat there myself.

As the first track started on the CD player, I felt myself drifting off almost immediately and I was very aware of the different feeling of energy again as the same presence that had been with me earlier came close again.
I had no problem with this and welcomed ‘him’ to come as close as he wanted -at this point I still thought that Paul in the cabinet was going to be the medium for the evening.

However, it turned out the spirit who was close to me had other plans :-)
After maybe 10 minutes I felt my head –which had been drooping forward as I relaxed and drifted into a kind of meditative state- raise up and sit straight on my shoulders. I was completely ‘aware’ as usual. I felt much as I do when meditating, kind of ‘there’ but ‘not there’, so when Chris started asking if there was a spirit person who wanted to communicate, I was still expecting Paul to finally break his silence and get going.
But as Chris asked the second time, I felt and ‘urge’ to start talking and simply say hello.

I’m actually very new to Trance myself, having only been actually practising for about 6 months now since my very first attempt. However, I’ve noticed the pattern for me is to start drifting off, then feel compelled to lift my head up and say something. As soon as I start to use my voice, I feel the energy increase dramatically around the top and sides of my head.

This evening –maybe because of my position in the north corner- the energy increase was tremendous. So much so that the main focus of my attention was drawn to the physical sensations in and around my body, rather than ‘thinking’ about what was being said.
I think that it was this that allowed me to become much less ‘involved’ in the process.

The details of what actually went on for the rest of the evening are recorded in the on-line journal and I’ll leave you to make of it what you will.
I’m glad to say though that my decision to leave mediumship behind has now also been left behind. I’ll still stay away from any form of ‘readings’ for others as I strongly believe that 95% of mediums today tend to be 70% medium and only 30% spirit. When in Trance, the ratio comes much closer to 50/50. A really top medium (and there are some around) will be more like 70% or 80% spirit and only 30% or 20% human filter.

So all in all, an interesting evening again. Thanks again to the support of the spirit team and in particular the one energy who came forward to work with Paul.
Without their commitment and work, we’d all just be sitting in the dark.

No comments: