The Sanctuary


In 2007 a small group of interested people decided to set up a
home circle dedicated to learning and understanding more about Physical
Mediumship.
This circle was named the Bristol Spirit Lodge - as Chris, whose home
hosted the circle and who created the idea, lived in Bristol at the time.
The BSL grew and evolved over time with many sitters and mediums coming
and going. I myself developed my own abilities as a Trance and Transfiguration
medium but the hoped for physical phenomena didn't appear to be on the agenda.
Much of the early development records as experienced by myself are
recorded in this blog up to the point where I really felt I was unable to add
anything new to the record.

In May 2013, some 5 yrs down the line, the BSL has relocated to Clevedon
and gone from strength to strength. Numerous new home circles have spun off and
have set up on their own and links to many others have been created
6 months ago, a young lady, wife and Mum contacted Chris to enquire
about physical mediumship. One thing led to another and she has now been sitting
in her own circle within the BSL for development with some amazing results. The
speed and level of her development has been stunning.

A few months ago, her spirit team who have been communicating through
direct voice whilst Emily has been in deep trance, told us that they wished to
form a small closed circle to sit weekly with a handful of dedicated sitters in
support to start what they called the “serious work”.

Last week was the inaugural sitting of the closed circle and what
follows below will be my own subjective account of my personal experiences
during this and subsequent sittings.
Chris will continue to update her own account of course on the BSL
on-line diary. My own diary in no way replaced these, this is just my own
personal record for my own interest and for anyone else who wants to follow.




To read the full diary and objective accounts of the other circles that meet in the Sanctuary, visit the main site at: http://www.spirit-lodge-diary.blogspot.com/




Friday, November 23, 2007

Tuesday 20th November

This evening was set to be interesting not the least because this was to be the first time that we were inviting an outside guest to join the circle.
Although we’ve had a number of sitters come for an evening or two, they have either been members of the Friday group or experienced members of other physical circles.

This was the first time we had invited someone to join us who was coming in cold with a certain level of scepticism. He confirmed afterwards that he had expected to come and reveal fraud at worst, self deception at best.

David (our guest) & I arrived about 20 minutes before the séance start and he had plenty of time to get acquainted with the others before going into the Lodge.
As the guest, David was invited to fasten the cable ties around Brian’s wrists and ankles, securing him to the chair.
Then he tied the waist tie with a fast knot. Brian invited him to make the cable ties as secure as he liked and when he was happy with everything and confident that Brian wasn’t going anywhere, the curtains were drawn over the cabinet and we all sat down.

David was seated directly opposite the cabinet. This placed him in the North Corner which was a far from the Brian as possible (just in case of any unexpected movements) but also the place where the most energy is concentrated.

The lights were turned off and the music started. Within the first minute the cable ties could be heard being popped off. Then the usual thumps and bangs as the chair was moved around in time to the music.
The bells were thrown into the room, then Dave (a regular sitter, seated next to the cabinet) said that he had felt something touch first one foot and then the other.

The other articles in the cabinet were ejected and then Brian’s sweater was thrown onto David (our Guest) lap.

The spirit team then worked some more on the extension of the direct voice that they are working towards. Usually this only lasts for about 5 minutes or so, but tonight there were 3 separate and distinct ‘goes’ at getting voice like sounds. Each one lasting 5 minutes or more. It’s difficult to guess how long it will be until they are able to communicate with us directly, but at this rate, it’s not going to be long now.

Eventually the Chief’s now familiar chuckle was heard, signifying that Brian’s trance had been lightened to a state where he could be used to relay a conversation with us.
Both David and myself asked several questions about the nature of the spiritual dimension and details about the transition from physical to spiritual being.

Interestingly the Chief seemed to hesitate in his answers a couple of times, seeming to go away to confer before coming back and explaining in more detail the answers to our questions.
It seemed unlikely that he wouldn’t have know the answers, but our most likely supposition is that the answers as delivered would have to be suitably phrased for all of all the members present. Everyone being on their own pathway, may or may not have been ready to hear the answers in any given level of detail perhaps?
I’ll be looking for further clarification on this next week if I can.

About 2/3rds of the way through the evening, I felt what I thought to be David’s knee briefly touch mine. As we were sitting at about 45 deg to each other, it occurred to be that he may have shifted position to get more comfortable. Just to be sure I let me knee relax slightly to the left and felt the pressure of what I assumed to be his knee again. I immediately moved my legs to the right as a precaution.
Playing ‘footsie’ with my neighbour in blackout conditions might send completely the wrong message altogether ;-)
A little while later I felt something press against my right foot. Now feeling that my companions both to my left and right were being rather generous with their personal space, I remained very static and restricted for the rest of the evening!

The following day David called me up to ask me to pass on his appreciation to the rest of the circle and to say that the evening had given him a lot to think about. And while his expectation had been to find fraud, what he had found had impressed him and seemed to be genuine.
He asked me if ‘hand on heart’ I had touched him during the séance. I told him about having felt his knee push against mine after which I moved out of the way.

But he was more interested in the fact that someone had seemed to ‘tug’ at the crease of his shirt sleeve. I had had my hands in my lap the whole time and so could guarantee I’d not touched him.
I asked if he’d noticed our knee’s clashing. However, he said had been deliberately keeping his legs away from mine to avoid any chance of self deception.

So now, I had felt my left knee being pressed on the side, my right foot ‘tapped’ and David had felt someone ‘tug’ at his shirt sleeve.
The other Dave on the opposite side of the room had had the rubber ring placed between his feet –after having felt it touch his toes on both feet consecutively.

OK, so not objective physical proof in that we have defined this as being something that 2 or more witnesses experience simultaneously. But definitely worth capturing for the record as (if this was indeed genuine -as I believe it to be) this could be the start of a new level of activity and physical evidence.

The circle was drawn to a close and Brian’s chair was found sitting in the room outside the cabinet minus Brian who was cross legged on the floor inside. The ring was between Dave’s feet, the sweater at David’s feet and the rattles beneath Sandy’s chair.
Our guest was given the cable ties for examination at his leisure after being given the opportunity to examine everything in the cabinet just to confirm that there was no room for anything untoward to have been going on. He also confirmed that the belt was knotted just the way he had left it an hour and half before.

Thanks again to Brian for enabling spirit to come through and to the Chief and his team on the other side for all their work.

Next update following next Tuesday’s circle.

No comments: