The Sanctuary


In 2007 a small group of interested people decided to set up a
home circle dedicated to learning and understanding more about Physical
Mediumship.
This circle was named the Bristol Spirit Lodge - as Chris, whose home
hosted the circle and who created the idea, lived in Bristol at the time.
The BSL grew and evolved over time with many sitters and mediums coming
and going. I myself developed my own abilities as a Trance and Transfiguration
medium but the hoped for physical phenomena didn't appear to be on the agenda.
Much of the early development records as experienced by myself are
recorded in this blog up to the point where I really felt I was unable to add
anything new to the record.

In May 2013, some 5 yrs down the line, the BSL has relocated to Clevedon
and gone from strength to strength. Numerous new home circles have spun off and
have set up on their own and links to many others have been created
6 months ago, a young lady, wife and Mum contacted Chris to enquire
about physical mediumship. One thing led to another and she has now been sitting
in her own circle within the BSL for development with some amazing results. The
speed and level of her development has been stunning.

A few months ago, her spirit team who have been communicating through
direct voice whilst Emily has been in deep trance, told us that they wished to
form a small closed circle to sit weekly with a handful of dedicated sitters in
support to start what they called the “serious work”.

Last week was the inaugural sitting of the closed circle and what
follows below will be my own subjective account of my personal experiences
during this and subsequent sittings.
Chris will continue to update her own account of course on the BSL
on-line diary. My own diary in no way replaced these, this is just my own
personal record for my own interest and for anyone else who wants to follow.




To read the full diary and objective accounts of the other circles that meet in the Sanctuary, visit the main site at: http://www.spirit-lodge-diary.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tuesday 13th March.

Me in the Cabinet -8.00pm to 9.10pm

This evening's sitting proved to be uneventful from the sitters side of the cabinet. There we're no noises or lights during the sitting and no apparent attempts at communication from spirit.

From my perspective it wasn't quite so quiet, although my experiences were all subjective and therefore not what we are looking for through the physical 'objective' phenomena that we are hoping to encourage.

I've recorded them here anyway, just as a log of what I personally experienced.

Part A records the physical experiences I had, Part B the mental awareness.



Part A
I’d felt a bit ‘spacey’ on the way down in the car and expected to have to ask them to back away, as it always makes me feel drowsy.
However, this time when I felt the energy coming quite close, it was much ‘lighter’ –more of a “high” than a “stoned” feeling. So although I was physically tired, I arrived feeling mentally alert.

Once I was strapped in to the chair and the curtains were closed I felt a sense of needing to keep to the time and knew that Chris was being reminded to start. I think I even joined in and told her to get going myself.

As soon as the first track started I felt very light headed and the room started to spin a bit. This subsided as soon as I started my own ‘cool down’ routine. I felt the energy come back very strongly and purposefully tried to open up even more to match it.
Within a short while (5 minutes?) I started to feel prickling sensations down my back (at first putting this down to the new cushions –very much more comfy than the other chair, lovely!) So I asked for confirmation if it was spirit, could they then repeat the sensation but on the opposite side. This duly happened within a minute.

Shortly after this (2, 3 or 5 minutes) I felt a ‘tickle’ on my right neck. I asked this to be repeated on the left as validation but nothing happened. I can then only assume this was a physical effect not spirit.

Again, a few minutes later I felt the sensation of what felt like a feather or something soft but firm, stroking my right cheek. This was a clear physical sensation and felt like a very light, but physical touch.
I asked for validation again on the opposite cheek and again, this happened within 30 seconds. Lighter this time than before.

No further ‘touches’ were felt after this. Although there were the usual twitches and tickles that you’d expect being strapped into a chair for 60 minutes.

For the first half of the session I did feel as though I was drifting in and out a bit, although I do feel I was present and fully aware of all the conversations and music playing at all times.
A couple of times I had to take a sudden breath as if my breathing had become so shallow, it needed a recovery breath just to keep us going J … I may have begun to doze off into sleep rather than trance!!


Part B
During the sitting, in the second half of the evening, I felt I was being made aware of someone being present. This was not someone I recognised (i.e. not a guide that I know myself –but that doesn’t rule them out of being with me, I only know a few people there personally).
The person was female, youngish by our standards but mature by hers. Dressed in dark clothing -could have been Native American but I couldn’t say for sure. I was feeling her presence more than seeing it. Very warm and ‘protective’ feeling, but not just for me, for everyone there.

If she was an N.A. (and I’m not saying she was) she seemed to be indicating support and (this sounds weird!) water. The room/enclosure she was appearing to be in was dimly lit as I couldn’t make out her features clearly. Long dark hair tied back. I felt I was being offered/shown a bowl of water and then a stream with flowing water, in which she was dipping her cupped hands and showing me water again.
Possibly I need to be drinking more water? (I do stop drinking coffee at work on a Tuesday and drink just water in the afternoon), perhaps we should have more water in the Lodge? Honestly, I have no idea.
I know I was dehydrated a bit since last weekend (big late night party on Saturday) so maybe it was that.

Shortly after that the last few songs came on (so this must’ve happened close to the end of the sitting) and we closed down –eventually!
I was left feeling quite energised and full of bounce. Mind you, by the time I got home was feeling knackered again ;-)


Jon.


No comments: